(image source: The Hindu)Some cons:
1) all buses are full. if you think the next bus will be less full, you are wrong. they are ALL full.
2) traffic starts, and then stops. then it starts again but then (oh no) it stops.
3) it takes 2.5 hours to cover 10 kms. you do the math.
4) the conductor wants to push towards the front of the bus after every single stop.
5) If you don't have the exact money for the fare, you will rarely if ever get back change.
1) people hold conversations around you and you are free to eavesdrop. nobody cares.
2) there's a separate women's section and men's section in the bus. so no gropers/eve-teasers/pinchers will be entertained.
3) women who are sitting will offer to hold your heavy bags. which is super nice of them.
4) the weather is awesome, so you are not stinky and sweating by the end of your commute